My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Third Rehearsal - Presence

the giant
The third rehearsal was actually last Tuesday but I took Ella to Seoul to stay with her mom for a while on Wednesday and I've been sick. I'll try to remember a bit of what happened. I know I was joking with Won Mi about making a step chart or whatever those diagrams they use for teaching where to put your feet in the foxtrot are called. I've borrowed the video of the Bolshoi production because I'm convinced the waltz is where everything's going to fall apart and I don't want that to happen. I know I won't look as big on stage as I do in this picture but I'll certainly feel it, and I don't want to overshadow the wonderful dancing (after hours, weeks and years of hard work) of the students. They're all very patient with me, especially Won Mi the teacher and choreographer who asked me to dance the role. I just have to build up a bit of confidence in myself. Knowing where my feet are supposed to be while I'm waltzing will definitely help.

1 Comments:

Blogger kodeureum said...

I'm not sure what I'll be wearing on my feet yet but I'm hoping they don't make pointe shoes in my size.

7:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home