My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

about last weekend

ella and suhee's parentsAs you may gather from these photos, Ella and I had some fun. On Saturday we were invited to dinner by Sue's parents, and as always her mother prepared a delicious meal which we ate at the kitchen table this time. It seems she knows something about children having raised two daughters and a son. They are now proud grandparents of a beautiful six-month old baby girl named Gayeon. Ella and I were surprised as we hadn't expected Sue's sister and niece to be there. Ella likes babies, and as it happens so do I. Now, I have to say that Ella's parents are about the most pleasant couple I have ever met. They even seem to have an infinite amount of patience with Sue, who is pushing thirty in the most delightful way but is as yet unmarried and unemployed. She is studying to become a teacher but had some difficulties with her exams last year. Sue's dad is extremely fond of Ella and the feelings are mutual. Sue's mom takes an interest in Ella's education and development and we had a surprisingly long conversation about my situation, and Sue's. If Sue hadn't just told me how rosy things are with her boyfriend I'm afraid I might start getting ideas. A nicer set of in-laws would be hard to find.

ella looking goofyOn Sunday Ella and I attended an English Village festival, organized to fall on the first full moon day of the lunar year. There was a quiz contest for elementary and middle school students who are attending the language institute where one of my students teaches. She invited us to be there, and we especially enjoyed the traditional Korean games. Ella liked running around with a boy about her age from the next table, and I enjoyed the good-natured competition between our table and the others. The buffet was excellent and we returned home a bit tired with balloons, hats, ribbons, flowers, rice-cake and even a prize!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home