My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

cooking up something

heart pancake


Habanero Suz is planning her purchase of a new stove, which reminded me of this poem I wrote while doing time as a garde manger at the Avocado Club just off Queen St. W. in Toronto. I was working my way through university. The photo displays my current cooking facilities. How the mighty have fallen...


four cooks stand in line
they say "behind"
four stations mind
grill, saucier, hot apps and mine
i serve cold salads and desserts
we wear white cotton pants and shirts
aprons also can be seen
they keep our knives and fingers clean

at six the printer is turned on
and we begin to get the chits
requiring us to cook anon
we sometimes are quite prone to fits
of outrage at the imbecilic
waiting staff and their moronic
witless way of ordering

no-one likes the way i sing


2 Comments:

Blogger greenwood blogger said...

interesting what happens when you click on the photo to see an enlarged view ;)

3:43 pm  
Blogger kodeureum said...

Click on kodeureum under the counter (click, not kitchen!) at the top left to visit my photo site where the heart pancake picture was originally posted. :)

5:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home