My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Monday, January 09, 2006

balladeering for bartek

These first two photos were taken by my brother at the Free Times Cafe on College St. in Toronto one Sunday last winter. Dave and Irene came to see me perform at a poetry night for musicians.














I think I accompanied one or two poets, and sang two songs: No Cop is a Martyr and Dead Drinking Buddies Ain't Much Fun. Yes, that is the legendary broken-necked around-the-world guitar.














These five photos are from my last gig in Asia, December 2004. Note the Suburban Cowboy garb.









I was my own guitar tech and stage hand.













I also talked an awful lot during my set, I think.













It got warmer as the night wore on. Note the absence of anyone dancing or generally having a good time. I write sitting down and drinking songs.
















My newly pressed limited edition CD sold over half its run and turned a profit in the thousands, if you understand Korean currency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home