My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

a bank safe as houses



I walked downtown yesterday to meet the lovely and effervescent Sue for lunch, and this is what met my eyes on the corner across from my bank. It seems they're building a new shopping centre there with an Imax cinema to try and draw crowds. It's just a block away from all my favourite second-hand clothing stores, so I'm still thanking my lucky stars. My favourite second-hand video shop just behind Daegu train station had everything torn down all around it in order to make room for a parking lot. Thankfully I can still get two year old new releases for a buck and a quarter. I even picked up Silver Streak a few weeks ago for my own private memorial to that genius who was Richard Pryor. Does anyone remember Blazing Saddles? The one building left standing in the photo, with traditional Korean roof tiles, actually houses a convenience store. It's a good thing they decided to keep that around. Perhaps it will be designated a heritage site.

1 Comments:

Blogger David Nicholson said...

Does anyone remember Blazing Saddles? Are you insane, man? I can quote tha film chapter and verse? Anyone who hasn't seen that film should be made to eat 25lbs of baked beans and forced into an air-lock...for starters.

6:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home