My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Friday, January 20, 2006

things are getting ugly

check this out see any mud?

I just figured out my first HTML trick, adding a tag link to another URL.
I also just figured out how gruesome Canadian politics can really get.

opportunism exposed


Friday, January 13th


I'm really not aware of any difference between a Segway whatever-it-is and a motorized wheelchair, unless of course it might possibly knock someone down if improperly maneuvered. Isn't that the reason it's being kept off sidewalks?


It's nice to know that my short play staged in February 1995 and derived from severely censored newspaper accounts of the Bernardo and Homolka trials has completely dropped off the radar. If anyone cares, it's entitled Variations on a Theme by God and if you contact the Playwright's Guild of Canada they might be able to put you in touch with me so as I can print off a copy for you on my computer at work. (I'm not joking about any of this)


Personally speaking I'd be happy enough to find even one Canadian lady interested in getting hitched to yours truly, let alone two. (Legalize polygamy, study urges)


While some Liberal candidates may be bracing for "the worst", I am sure many others are busily readying themselves for re-election and rightfully so. Perhaps I would be even more optimistic if I hadn't witnessed Mulroney's U.S. administration-backed landslide in 1984. If Canada actually was the largest state in the Union as many Canadians seem to desire John Kerry would be president now, wouldn't he?


Funnily enough, these poll results arrive on a Friday the 13th. I am also wondering why the accompanying photo depicts two young girls of colour prominently situated with a rather pale, miniscule in comparison Harper seen gesticulating and out of focus as an apparent afterthought above them.








So an American industry group has been caught with its pants down. Why don't we just stop killing trees? There must be at least a few large economies in this world that survive without denuding their natural resources: Japan and South Korea actually come to mind. (Members of U.S. lumber lobby exposed)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home