My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

what do I know about anything?

In my own humble opinion, the grass is green and the sky is blue. Here are some more of my disjointed ramblings posted daily to the Globe and Mail:





January 9th


I find the human rights angle on this story a bit disingenuous. India is one of the more over-populated nations in the world today, as is China. Biologically, woman are needed to increase the population or as John Cleese more bluntly put it in Monty Python's Life of Brian: : "Where's the foetus going to gestate? In a box?" I find it reassuring that Indian parents are instinctively limiting the potential population growth by opting for male children when given the opportunity. In Canada advanced-age first pregnancies are accomplishing the same thing.


I found this paragraph intriguing:
"Iran has a history of aircraft accidents involving a heavy loss of life. The government has blamed the U.S. trade embargo which makes it impossible for Iran to buy parts for its old U.S.-built aircraft. But critics have also said planes are poorly maintained." Wouldn't a lack of replacement parts hamper proper maintenance? I am pleased however that the Revolutionary Guards' commander's service during the 1980-88 war with Iraq was mentioned. Wasn't Mr. Hussein in power at that time? Wasn't he encouraged by supporters within the Reagan administration to wage war? Wasn't the current American President's father Vice-President for four of those years? Has something else been going on all along or am I just stating the obvious?
(funnily enough, mine was the only comment posted!)


I find all this hypocrisy in Nova Scotia so very reassuringly Canadian. (about Sunday closing laws)


I think they've gotten as many laughs out of this man on Saturday Night Live as they're going to get, don't you agree? (Dick Cheney)


Maybe I will postpone my return to Canada until after the next election, which I'm sure will be hard on the heels of this one if Harper gets a minority government. He won't have a lot of friends across the floor. (now it seems he might get a majority. I should just keep my big mouth shut!)


January 7th


You can trust your mom to know what to do. I hope her son thanks her when he gets the opportunity. ("Armed teen's mother opts not to stay mum")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home