My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

trees for steve




Hey, Steve, just call me Ganesh. Actually, I do remember all those trees for Wildboy, but you don't seem to have a picture of that set on your website. Didn't that get some sort of award? I know you expected it to. Here are some actual trees that I photographed while testing out my new polaroid digital camera last spring. It was the last one thay had left at Grand and Toy and was in a blister pack so I didn't realise it didn't have a screen for viewingimages until I got out to my mom's car and opened it. It was a big discount so I couldn't return it. I decided to cherish it instead. It's fun to have people ask to see the photo I've just taken only to be shown that it's impossible. Ella was the first one to be fooled that way. Funny thing though that a polaroid is the one digital camera I've seen where you have to wait to see your photos. I enjoy the suspense, actually. Now back to trees. I did adapt some more trees for a set design, this one by the lovely Astrid Janson at the soon-to-be relocated or defunct Artword Theatre on Portland last spring. Chris Clifford, the production manager for the show Your Dream Was Mine, asked me to figure out a way to put trees onto a stage where they couldn't be attached to the floor. There's a simple solution to everything, so don't be surprised if you're on the roof of the Cameron House or the Bathurst St. Theatre and notice a few or several dead saplings spray-painted blue with concrete bases. My mom even has one in her garden. I suggested tossing them all in the lake after the strike but Chris wanted to save a bunch, possibly for use in Into the Woods last summer. Other people kept some because they just thought they were cool. No digital photos, though. I hadn't purchased my polaroid yet.



Oh yeah, here's one extra photo just for the amusement of Mr. Clifford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home