My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

comments illustrated

January 11th


Just nine sleep-drunk men on the highways early in the morning on their way to work can still do a lot of damage. (Sleep can leave you as groggy as booze - the study only included nine male subjects)


Doesn't anyone else find it curious that Turkey is battling bird flu? Not that it's a joking matter. I live in South Korea and I walk my five-year old daughter past a chicken coop to daycare every day. One bird had escaped yesterday morning onto the road and I shooed it back into the garden but was afraid to touch it. Perhaps Torontonians are eagerly awaiting a long-overdue cull of Canada Geese, but let me be the first one to say I'll miss them when they're gone. (I had the only comment)


I also beg to differ, not with your premise but with the logic behind it: in order to succeed Apple must win the licensing war. There's something that used to exist in our society and that was an appreciation for high quality manufacture and design. Apple has this in spades. It is to computers as Rolex is to watches and then some in my mind. I'm typing this on a G3 iBook that has yet to crash and is operating OSX.3, an operating system greatly more advanced than the one it was designed for. The only peripheral I have purchased that is worth its salt is a 1gb iPod shuffle. I use it to transfer shared music files from my laptop to a PC at work in order to burn discs of mp3s as my 6 year old machine doesn't have a burner. Nor would I want it to. Apple has Windows operating system programs that will turn my computer into a PC, if I ever feel that perverse urge. I can increase my storage seven-fold from it's current 10gb with the purchase of a new 60gb iPod, which I will probably do on my birthday in May. The Mac Mini will most definitely be my next desktop, if you'd like to call it that. It will be connected to and concealed behind my digital TV and high end speakers with a remote keyboard I'll be able to use while lounging on my couch or cooking in the kitchen. Now that's quality that never goes out of style. (Apple and the future of music - I was post number three of five, but there is an election on)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home