My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

a bit of a quandary

red hedge ella


Thinking about the election in a hindsight sort of way, I guess it didn't turn out so bad. I am an anglo white guy, after all. I give Harper's Haranguers about six months before they lose the no-confidence vote, which is very generous. There's a big difference between building a consensus and just expecting everyone to agree with you.

By the way, does anyone know what a putsch is?

Just a few extra comments to the Globe to give you an idea of how I spent election day.


January 24th


Well, I had the questionable fortune of being able to listen to this game on nhl.com radio here in South Korea. For some odd reason the feed goes dead whenever Jim Ralph begins to question the officiating, and everything shut down at the stroke of 10pm eastern time when the CBC was finally allowed to post the election results. Getting back to the game itself though, I don't see any reason for Mr. Quinn to be cut loose other than to allow him to concentrate on coaching Canada's men's Olympic squad. Perhaps he was hoping that Colaiacovo would make that team as well in order to have a bit of help brushing up on his Italian before Turin. As I hear it, the Leafs' biggest concern right now is not getting called for holding. They proved that they can score on Hasek, and several times at that. There's no way the Senators will break their playoff jinx this year unless of course Ottawa doesn't make the playoffs at all. Once Hasek gets injured you can wave that team goodbye. I guess you can tell I was born and raised in Etobicoke. How about Ken Dryden as the next prime minister for the Liberals? You'd definitely get even a few Bloc supporters voting for a politician who once backstopped les Habs to four Stanley Cups. (Quinn takes another hit. Perhaps it was acid.)


January 23rd


Do you know what really burns my posterior? Flames about yeah high. No, actually I'm pretty miffed about this Maple Leafs away-away series at Ottawa this past weekend. If it's got anything to do with the Raptors sharing the Air Canada centre I say it's time to send them packing. Aren't Vince Carter, Marcus Camby, Damon Stoudamire and countless other excellent former Raptors still playing in this leauge, not to mention Doug Christie? Why can't Toronto seem to hold onto any talent? As soon as Chris Bosh does his time he'll be out of here too. Let's let them all go south, where they'll be much happier. (Bryant nets 81 points. I didn't even check the score at espn.com.)


Well, if nothing else this article has certainly helped me understand my own wit. (Think women are more sarcastic? Yeah, whatever! Catchy headline, no?)


January 21st


"They hauled all their motorcycles and parts; it was a show of force in the communities they travelled through. It was also used to transport stolen property," the OPP source said. Copies of the calendar, which depicts the biker club's customary array of fierce-looking men and scantily clad women, are for sale on eBay and at the Angels' Route 81 retail outlets.

I think I actually preferred Satan's Choice and the Para-Dice Riders. By the way, whatever happened to my all-time favourite biker gang, the Loners? Didn't there also use to be a gang in Montreal named Roch Voisine? For me, the Hell's Angels are now the WalMart of biker gangs. I hope they get the joke. (OPP spy with truck took Hells Angels for ride. As you might notice, I've been feeling a bit reckless with my comments recently. The string was closed after this one, number three.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home