My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

who's the clown?



This picture is a bit more flattering than the one I posted previously, isn't it Cindy? You do look lovely here. Perhaps it's the glow from the wine. As for my Globe and Mail comments, here are a few more for you to puzzle through.


January 3oth


Indeed, whatever happened to Monopoly or go fish? I must admit I did sample a bit of vodka from the liquor cabinet when I was in the fifth grade, which was probably a bad idea, and I did spend a bit too much time assembling and painting plastic models in a room that might not have had proper ventilation. I pierced my fingertips with safety pins and abraded my own skin to form scabs, but it never occurred to me that passing out might be fun. Where do these ideas get started? The son of a friend of my father's died in similar suspicious circumstances almost twenty years ago in Texas. Perhaps the practice has an American origin. (Seeking fun, children meet death.)


'The Conservatives responded by promising an accountability act that would restrict the work of lobbyists, ban corporate donations to political parties and give more power to the Auditor-General and the Ethics Commissioner.'Is it really possible to ban corporate donations to political parties? The Conservatives must be exceptionally confident in their grass-roots supporters.I guess all the mentioning of ministerial accountability was supposed to refer to Mr. Martin. He must be breathing much more freely now without the opposition ranks exhaling down his neck. I wish him all the best and for Mr. Harper, just the opposite. Let's see how long he can keep his fingers clean now that he's got his turn at the sand table.
(Gomery report to call for tough new rules.)


"To all my fellow Asian-American actors out there, I share this with you, and be encouraged and keep shining."
I guess even being born and raised in Canada and supported for years by roles in Canadian Film Institute productions still isn't enough for Sandra Oh to consider herself Asian-Canadian. So she looks a bit different (maybe) from others born in Nepean, and she's found her little niche in Hollywood. Is that any reason to celebrate her Canadian nationality which might soon be relinquished for tax reasons? I'm sick of individuals being singled out in American productions and pointed to as some sort of reaffirmation of Canadian talent. If there is real talent in English Canada, where are all the best foreign film nominations? And what does Asian-American mean anyways? Asia's a big place, remember? I'm living in it. (Oh my, Sandra wins another.)


January 28th


I hope and pray that all the persons still trapped beneath the roof can be removed speedily and safely. I was in Katowice several years ago on my first visit to Poland and have fond memories of the kindness of everyone I met there. I am reassured by knowing that anyone who is able to help will be assisting in the rescue effort. (Roof collapses on hundreds in Poland.)


Why doesn't TV just go and get it's dad, Radio? (Web threatens TV: report.)


Okay, okay. Sixteen million lines of code. I'm sure Mr. Blackberry typed it all out himself. Giving away free technology to congressmen is a stroke of pure genius, isn't it? That alone would lead me to suspect his business ethics. Why do you think there was an anti-trust suit against Microsoft? The makers of blackberries were pursuing legal battles against cheap knock-offs? Isn't that a bit against the grain? I have no sympathy for either party in this dispute really, but I am wondering how long it would take to thumb-clench out the entirety of this over-lengthy aticle on a portable wireless e-mail device. (Patently Absurd. This should be a good one for deductive reconstruction of the original article, Cindy!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Growing Opportunities said...

Thanks for the new photo. I like the soft lighting - definitely flattering. I have to admit to another failing while reading your comments to the G&M... sometimes I am really not sure if you are serious or not. But I seem to remember having the same problem in real live conversations with you. By the way... do you really just have a lot of free time???

7:06 pm  
Blogger kodeureum said...

There is a seriousness to my humour, and humour in my seriousness. As for my conversational style, any of my long-time friends, relations or acquaintances might advise you that actually paying attention to what I'm saying is just the first step. And as for a lot of free time, does 10 am through 4pm every day count?

1:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home