My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Let's talk hockey.

I wrote this on Sunday, January 29th after the Leafs' loss.

Ottawa is definitely a one-line one-goalie team. How the hell did they manage to steal a number two draft pick like Dany Heatley away from Atlanta? When was the last time the Leafs had a number two draft pick like Jason Spezza? Daniel Alfredsson we've got, just look at Mats who missed the first couple dozen games after a season-opening injury playing against, who else, Ottawa. The youngest high first round pick for Toronto is Lindros who hasn't played for a few weeks at least. Why the hell is the losing streak all of a sudden the coach's or manager's fault? If you want to blame anyone, blame the guy who's been giving up all the soft goals, Ed Belfour. He's no Terry Sawchuk. He should be hanging up a bit of equipment soon, or more appropriately auctioning it off for charity. He's been a charity case himself this season as far as I'm concerned. But I think I've figured out the real problem. How many goalies do the Leafs' opponents really need?


By the way, thank you Boston for proving my point about Ottawa.

4 Comments:

Blogger David Nicholson said...

Well....a timely rumination upon yr. part.....Leafs snapped an eight game losing streak last night against the Panthers. Tonight sees them with the Lightning......ye gods....what a miserable damned season. At this rate I'll have to start caring about curling.....I don't want it to come to that.........

7:10 am  
Blogger David Nicholson said...

Oh Yeah.......there was a sweet hit on Belfour behind the net. Took the old bugger ages to get up. It's time to send this Eagle to the friggin' taxidermist.

7:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear ##NAME##, Very interesting blog you've got there. Cool material. Rex ##LINK##

1:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI ##NAME##, I'm no expert, but that looks a pretty good blog you've got. I 'll come back again. I expect you'll have something else that catches my eye again. Cheers, Rex ##LINK##

5:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home