My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Hello, call me Gord.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

sunday afternoon football

One of the nice things about Lunar New Year's Day in Korea is that most people stay at home with their families or visit their in-laws. That means no crowds anywhere. Believe it or not, this is the only lawn on campus. Seeing as the security guard who would insist we keep off the grass probably wouldn't be on duty, some of the foreign teachers took advantage of the situation to get in a bit of touch football. The teams were three a side, with Ella as mascot or unintentional additional blocker depending on her disposition. Here I am enjoying the butt of my Dutch cigarillo just before throwing my only touchdown pass.


We rotated positions but most of the time I ended up playing nose tackle, I guess, attempting to block throws or rushing the QB after three steamboats. Note the short brown corner post. We had to make do with what was available. Our side managed to rack up the score a bit before the security guard appeared with the Korean equivalent of "What's all this then?" Ella was fine the whole time until people started taking a few snacks from the big bag I brought along to share. She assumed they were all hers. Amends were made by purchasing a large bag of chips at the nearby corner store, along with some more beer to ease the aches and pains for a while. Thanks Paul for the photos.

3 Comments:

Blogger David Nicholson said...

Nice work, old bean.....can't wait for Sunday.....the annual Superbowl party out at Dylan's place (sattelite & a big-arsed screen....). I'm secretly hoping that Seattle wins, but Pittsburgh is the +4 favourite and, let's not be coy here, Roethlisberger is a scary QB.....and Bettis makes me all sentimental and shit......

5:14 am  
Blogger kodeureum said...

Me, I'm just hoping to catch a glimpse of some nipple adornment during the halftime show, preferably female.

6:29 am  
Blogger David Nicholson said...

I know what you mean......let's just hope we don't end up seeing an odd number of nipples...that's NEVER a good thing.

8:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home